Here's a couple of simple and weight loss-compliant dessert recipes as an accompaniment to a recent YouTube video of mine - check it out below!
Rice Pudding (from my Vegan Winter Warmers Cookbook)
- 1⁄2 cup (100g) pudding rice
- 1⁄2 cup (125ml) plant milk
- 1⁄2 tsp cinnamon
- 1⁄2 tsp ground cardamom
- 1⁄2 tsp vanilla powder
- 1 tsp maple syrup or brown sugar
- Jam and berries for topping (optional)
Cook the rice as per the instructions on the packet. Drain and set aside.
Start heating up the milk in a saucepan on medium heat.
After several minutes, add the rice, cinnamon, cardamom and vanilla. Stir frequently and continue to cook for 10-12 minutes until you get a creamy and thick texture.
Serve with maple syrup, jam and/or berries.
Chia & Raisin Cookies
- 1 cup (120g) porridge oats
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 ripe banana, mashed with a fork
- 1⁄4 cup (40g) raisins, soaked (soak in cold water overnight or pour on hot water, leave for 10-15 minutes, and drain)
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
1. Mix all the ingredients in a bowl, and form small balls with your hands.
2. Place the balls on a lined baking tray and bake in the oven at 180C for about 25-30 minutes.
3. Serve warm or leave to cool and store for later!
Fresh Banana Nice-Cream
- 3 ripe bananas, chopped
- 1/2 cup or 100ml almond milk (unsweetened)
- One handful mixed berries (optional)
- 1 tablespoon crushed almonds (optional)
1. Blend the bananas and almond milk in a food processor until smooth.
2. Spoon into a bowl and serve with mixed berries and crushed almonds.
Do you want to learn how to kickstart your body transformation with plant foods? CLICK HERE to get my eBook and discover everything you need to know to get started!
Struggling to master your mind for weight loss? CLICK HERE to learn the tools to overcome the mental and emotional obstacles holding you back from success!