Here's a couple of simple and weight loss-compliant dessert recipes as an accompaniment to a recent YouTube video of mine - check it out below!
Rice Pudding (from my Vegan Winter Warmers Cookbook)
- 1⁄2 cup (100g) pudding rice
- 1⁄2 cup (125ml) plant milk
- 1⁄2 tsp cinnamon
- 1⁄2 tsp ground cardamom
- 1⁄2 tsp vanilla powder
- 1 tsp maple syrup or brown sugar
- Jam and berries for topping (optional)
Cook the rice as per the instructions on the packet. Drain and set aside.
Start heating up the milk in a saucepan on medium heat.
After several minutes, add the rice, cinnamon, cardamom and vanilla. Stir frequently and continue to cook for 10-12 minutes until you get a creamy and thick texture.
Serve with maple syrup, jam and/or berries.
Chia & Raisin Cookies
- 1 cup (120g) porridge oats
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 ripe banana, mashed with a fork
- 1⁄4 cup (40g) raisins, soaked (soak in cold water overnight or pour on hot water, leave for 10-15 minutes, and drain)
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
1. Mix all the ingredients in a bowl, and form small balls with your hands.
2. Place the balls on a lined baking tray and bake in the oven at 180C for about 25-30 minutes.
3. Serve warm or leave to cool and store for later!
Fresh Banana Nice-Cream
- 3 ripe bananas, chopped
- 1/2 cup or 100ml almond milk (unsweetened)
- One handful mixed berries (optional)
- 1 tablespoon crushed almonds (optional)
1. Blend the bananas and almond milk in a food processor until smooth.
2. Spoon into a bowl and serve with mixed berries and crushed almonds.