In this post I'm going to share with you a vegan diet plan for fast weight loss. I uploaded a video to my YouTube channel very recently where I outlined to sorts of delicious vegan meals I eat on a daily basis. If you missed the video, check it out below:
I hate to admit it, but I'm a pretty boring guy when it comes to my eating schedule! I stick to a very typical 3 meal setup. I eat breakfast around 8am, lunch at 1pm and dinner is usually 7pm. Now when I'm travelling or super busy, all of those timings go up in the air, but that's generally what my meal routine looks like most days. Here's how it usually breaks down:
1. Oatmeal - 2 cups oats (cooked in 2 cups water) topped with either mixed berries, raisins, PB2 powder, brown sugar or maple syrups.
2. Fruit - Either 1 punnet of grapes, a mixed fruit salad or a large fruit smoothie.
1. Potato stew - potatoes, 1 brown onion, 1 cup garden peas, 3 handfuls of kale, 1 veg stock cube, 1 tbsp curry powder, 1 tbsp oregano, water. I sometimes throw in a tin of chickpeas if I'm really hungry!
3. Lentil spaghetti marinara - wholewheat spaghetti, 1 can lentils, 1 can chopped tomatoes, 1 brown onion, 1 carrot chopped, 1/2 veg stock cube, 1 tbsp oregano, 1 tbsp basil.
1. Mexican rice & beans bowl: brown rice, kidney/black beans, 1/2 avocado, 1 cup corn, 1 brown onion, salsa.
2. Bean chilli: brown rice, kidney beans, 1 cup corn, 1 cup garden peas, 1 brown onion, 1/3 jar uncle ben's mild chilli con carne sauce (yes, this UK version IS vegan!).
And that's pretty much it! Super basic I know! All of these meals are centred around whole foods, they are generally quite low in fat, and they are high in fibre. In other words, they are tremendous vegan meals for fast weight loss!
Now if I'm ever feeling hungry between these meals, here's a couple of snacks I will have:
1. Wholewheat bread and peanut butter (100% peanuts - no oil!)
2. Fruit - usually dates, raisins, apples, grapes and oranges - that's right...no bananas! I must be the only vegan who doesn't like bananas!
3. Raw veggies and oil-free hummus
4. Kale chips
5. Baked potato/sweet potato wedges
6. Rice/corn cakes with jam/peanut butter
And there we go! I really hope this article has given you some amazing ideas for what sort of tasty vegan meals you can eat for fast weight loss! If I can do it, so can you!
Do you want to learn how to kickstart your body transformation with natural plant foods? CLICK HERE to get my new eBook and discover everything you need to know to get started!
Do you want to know exactly which plant foods to eat to reach your weight loss goals? CLICK HERE to get a done-for-you meal plan!
Please subscribe to my YouTube channel to get notified about my latest videos: